Coave Therapeutics is a clinical stage biotechnology company focused on developing life changing gene therapies in rare ocular and CNS (Central Nervous System) diseases. Pushing the boundaries of gene therapy through application of our AAV-Ligand Conjugates platform (ALIGATER) will enable targeted delivery, enhanced gene transduction and tissue distribution to improve the effectiveness of advanced gene therapies for rare diseases. Advancing a pipeline of novel therapies targeting rare ocular and CNS diseases where targeted gene therapy has the potential to be most effective, is creating fundamental new ways to impact diseases, where there is a clear unmet need.
In your role as a member of our Research Team, you will contribute to the advancement of our platform and discovery programs. Using your expertise in in vivo models, you will work with a team to expand our AAV platform and pipeline projects.
- Prepare and execute experiments for in vivo testing of conjugated AAV vectors
- Perform novel and routine assays to characterize gene therapies in cell- and animal-based models using qPCR, western blots, FISH, IHC and/or IF and other molecular imaging assays.
- Develop and execute sample preparation protocols to enable assessment of AAV vector biodistribution and transduction
- Author experimental reports, SOPs, batch records, technology transfer documents
- Manage and maintain data as well as data analysis in an organized manner
- Train colleagues with respect to lab activities
- BTS, DUT or Master of Science degree in the life sciences with ~2+ years of research experience, preferably related to gene therapy.
- Surgery diploma (rodent) is required, with experience in stereotactic local injections (CNS, ear, eye).
- Histological expertise (fixation, embedment, cryostat, microtome, immunofluorescence, immuno-histochemistry, RNAscope).
- Experience with Light microscopy is a must and experience with confocal, two-photon microscopy would be desirable.
- Experience in in vitro models (primary culture, organoids, iPSC) is a plus.
- Scientific background and hands on experience in biochemistry, molecular and cellular biology, including DNA cloning, transfections, cell culture, RNA/DNA/protein extraction, ddPCR/qPCR, Western and ELISA-based methods would be a plus.
Willingness to learn new laboratory techniques is required; previous experience with viral vectors is preferred
A strong self-starter, motivated and autonomous, with a strong attention to detail